Monday, July 26, 2004

The Polish know propaganda when they see it.
Believe or not, Eastern Europe is becoming my 'sanity barometer' when it comes to political discourse.
When Polish film critics start comparing Fahrenheit 9/11 to War propagandist Leni Riefenstahl, I think we all need to take a good hard look at the 'value' of this piece of film.

My fundamental issue with the upcoming election is that I really think that there is a segment of the electorate that doesn't hear how absolutely shrill they have become. There are significant and profound reasons to oppose Bush, but the Bush=Hitler people simply freak me out. I have no idea how to relate to their mind set, and frankly I have no interest in voting for someone who appeals to them. A reflexive rejection of the polarized fringe as it were.

I'd love to see Ashcroft and the fundamentalists wing of the Republican party given the boot. But why would I want to replace him with an equally odious group of ideologues?

Anyway. I'll make this my final post about Moore, and leave everyone with this link: The 59 (and counting) Deceits in Farenheit 9/11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home